Friday, August 29, 2008

McCafe is McBad


You may have seen ads at McDonald's for their new coffee drinks...mochas, cappucinos, lattes, and more. So this morning on my way to work, I thought I'd give it a try. I ordered a medium mocha, paid $2.69 and recieved a 12 oz. cup with what looked like a tasty blend of coffee and chocolate...great way to start a cool, rainy day. That will be my first and last cup. Not wanting to waste the money and wanting at least the caffiene, it was drinkable but I can't recommend it to anyone. The coffee is pretty bad to start with, so covering up a bad cup of coffee with other flavors is still just a bad cup of coffee. It wasn't blended at all so there was no mocha flavor unless you stirred constantly (which is hard to do while driving) or just took all the mocha in one shot in the last drink of the cup. Either way...not impressed. So...don't waste your money. Brew your own fresh at home or pay the same amount at a good coffee shop that at least starts with better coffee.

No comments: