Monday, September 1, 2008

Roll Call Please...(click to see ABC video)


I've often felt uneasy about the political conventions, regardless of the party. I know that it is part of the process to gather all the delegates and formally nominate a party's candidate, but why do they continue to be such black holes for boozing and schmoozing? The DNC's pyrotechnics and staging in Denver were great, but was all that really necessary? I'm glad the GOP asked delegates and lobbyists to scale back their parties in the wake of Hurricane Gustav, and that they used their platform to spend some time asking people to donate, but apparently some people didn't get the memo.

I have no problem with people celebrating and coming together around a candidate, but isn't it time for us...human beings to say enough? Why do we allow our political leaders to squander our money, credibility and ethics? I could go on for days...but I won't.

No comments: